Monday, November 17, 2008
Happy B-Day Spencer
Even though Spencer probably won't see this I still wanted to wish him a happy b-day. I was afraid that he wouldn't get his package, it was sent on the 8th to the mission home, then they forwarded it to his address in Bakersfield, But when I was following the tracking, they said that it was still in Ventura and it takes 15-22 days to forward to another address, well I new that transfer day was going to be on his b-day and if he didn't get it on his b-day he probably wouldn't get it till Christmas. I know this sounds kind of silly, but I wanted him to get something on his b-day from his family, it made me sick to think that he wouldn't have anything from us. However, I knew that the members would take good care of him, which his land lady was taking them out to dinner. So this morning when I got up I prayed for a miracle( one of those tender mercies I needed) when Spencer e-mailed us at 12:30 he said he didn't get the package, I was so sad, but still was hoping that he hadn't received mail yet, well when I checked the tracking when I came home from work it said that it had been delivered in Bakersfiled at 2:30. Heavenly Father really does care about the little things and how much a mom wanted to bad to have his son know that his family loves him alot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh! That is so nice Marjann! That is definitely a tender mercy and I am so glad! That makes me so happy! I can see why that was so important to you. What a lucky missionary to have such a faithful mom!
Post a Comment