I really had a great time running the 5k with Melissa, Aubrey and Jackie on Sat. May 16th!! I didn't think Jackie would want to run very slow, so I wasn't surprised when as soon as the race started she took off. Aubrey also started out on a quicker pace than I wanted to go, but it's nice when you have someone to push you a little bit more than what you think you can go. We did have some miscommunication with the volenteer who forgot to direct us on the right path, so we ended up going 4 miles, instead of the 5k, a little further than mentally we thought we could do, plus it was a little bit of a shock to the legs!!! It was nice to have family there at the finish line because it is kind of emotional. So if anyone thinks they can't do something, just remember "WE CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good times!! Lets do it again next year!!
Way to go! Cute pics!
thanks for running slow with me, since my pace slowed down. I apprecaite you sticking with me :) it helped a lot.
SO much fun!!I loved the picture of all you girls!
Post a Comment